EAST DISTRICT SCHOOL, NORTH HAVEN
While the exact location of this schoolhouse remains uncertain, it was believed to be situated along the South Shore Road near the entrance to Banks Cove Road. No existing photographs of the school have been found. Records indicate that the East District School was in operation from 1800 to 1852 when the schoolhouse was sold and proceeds portioned among residents of the district. At that time, islanders agreed to redraw the East District boundary lines in order to create the Northeast and Southeast districts, each with new schoolhouses.